What is Retrograde in Astrology?
Ans: As we know all planet are in motion around the Sun, When any planet start moving in reverse direction called Retrograde. However this only a part of mathematical calculation in Astrology, If a person is born while a planet is in retrograde motion, he/she is immensely effected by the planet’s qualities. Because when planet retrograde they are most nearby planet to earth.
If more than 1 planet in retrograde at the time of birth, then the planet with most number of degrees in its sign will effect the person more.
Some Rules of Retrogration:
- Sun & Moon are never Retrograde(Vakri) they are always in forward moving path(Margi), never get in reverse motion.
- Rahu & Ketu are always move in Retrograde motion or direction.
- Jupiter, Mars, Venus, Mercury are not good if they are retrograde
- Saturn is only planet which gives you more good result when it is retrograde in your chart.
- After the Retrogation when planet again come back to forward path only Saturn is the planet which is Stationary (Time Period between – Vakri to Margi) for 2-3days. Stationary Saturn is considerd as most benifec
- Except Saturn no Planet is Considerd as Benefic as in Stationary Condition.
- Saturn retrogrades for 140 days and remains stationary 5 day before and after.
- Jupiter retrogrades 120 days is stationary 5 days before and after.
- Mars retrogrades for 80 days and is stationary 3 to 4 days before and after.
- Venus is retrograde for 42 days and is stationary approximately two days before and after.
- Mercury retrogrades for 24 days and is stationary one day before and after.
Each planet has it’s own percentage of time when it must retrograde. They are:
36.39% – Saturn
30.24% – Jupiter
19.76% – Mercury
09.33% – Mars
07.22% – Venus